LIOS Technology will attend and exhibit at CEATI Underground Cables Workshop: Diagnostic Testing & Condition Assessments on March 19-20. Please visit LIOS Technology at booth #18.
Building on the success of CEATI's past cables workshops in 2008 and 2013, CEATI International's 2014 event will provide a forum to share information on transmission cable diagnostic tests and condition assessment techniques. Utility experience in the interpretation of test results and implementation of remedial measures will be discussed, covering HPFF, SCFF and XLPE cable systems.
Attendees will learn the applications of proactive testing and condition monitoring for cables and accessories. Additionally, there will be discussion on maintenance programs used to avoid unscheduled outages and to assist Cable Engineers and Asset Managers in determining remaining life of transmission underground cable systems. The workshop will cover well established diagnostic techniques as well as some newer testing technologies being introduced to the industry. Presentations will draw from the expertise and experience of electric utilities, cable manufacturers and testing equipment vendors.
This workshop is an open forum for information exchange, with a focus on technical presentations, training and the sharing of ideas and experiences for the benefit of the industry.
March 19 – 20, 2014
J.W. Marriott Palm Desert
74-855 Country Club Drive
Palm Desert, CA, 92260, USA
Highlight Workshop Topics
- Tutorial on Damped AC, LIRA and VLF Testing Techniques
- Utility Experience on Automatic Detection and Diagnosis of Partial Discharge in Fluid-Filled Paper Systems
- Tan Delta (Dialectric Spectroscopy) Testing
- Fluid-Filled Transmission Cable Condition Assessment Process
- XLPE Transmission Cable Condition Assessment Process
- Cable Fault Locating Tools and Techniques
- Application of Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) on UG Cable Systems