Building on the success of CEATI’s growing Transmission & Distribution programs as well as past workshops on T&D Cable Design, 500kV XLPE Systems and Transmission System Corrosion workshops, in 2013 CEATI International will hold a workshop focused on Continuous Improvement in Asset Management, O&M, and Worker Safety in the context of T&D Cables. Supported by over 40 utilities from around the world, CEATI's Distribution Assets Life Cycle Management and Transmission Underground Cables Interest Groups will combine forces once again to hold the T&D industry's premier utility cable gathering.
CEATI’s 2013 T&D Cables Workshop will focus on the following topics:
Session 1: Asset Management & Life Extension
- Development of Asset Management Programs for UG Cable Systems
- The History and Status of Silicone Injection Technology
- Health Indices and Cable Condition Assessment
- Distribution Cable Section Health Indexing and Risk Assessment
- Life Extension - XLPE and EPR Cable Rejuvenation
Session 2: UG Cable Operation & Diagnostic Tools
- Science & Application of Dissolved Gas Analysis on Oil Filled Cables
- Application of Partial Discharge Testing to UG Cable Systems
- Cable Diagnostics
- Application of DTS on Underground Cable Systems
A Review of Real Time Thermal Rating Systems
Session 3: Design & Installation Options
- Application of Horizontal Direction Drilling for UG Cable Systems
- Con Edison's Harlem River Crossing Project
- Mechanical Protection of Submarine Cables
- Development of EHV DC XLPE Cable Systems
- Latest Developments and Projects on HVDC Systems
Session 4: Worker Safety
- Worker Protection on De-Energized Systems and Arc Flash
- Utility Practices on Grounding and Bonding in UG Cable Maintenance Work
- Maintenance Procedures and Worker Safety
This workshop will bring manufacturers and service providers together with utility decision-makers. It is anticipated more than 300 attendees from around the world will attend.
In this workshop, LIOS proudly presents EN.SURE - the continuous and cost-effective monitoring solution for the electric power transmission and distribution grid which is the key factor for a successful Smart Grid implementation.
LIOS Technology GmbH is pleased to invite you to visit CEATI International’s Distribution Assets Life Cycle Management and Transmission Underground Cables Interest Groups on March 12-13 in Las Vegas, NV, USA.
LIOS Technology's booth number: 29
The workshop will be taking place at the beautiful Ceasar’s Palace in Las Vegas, NV, USA.
LIOS offers full range and highly reliable Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) systems and Real Time Thermal Rating (RTTR) solutions for ampacity predictions of energy transmission and distribution assets, consolidating into global condition monitoring solutions:
- Highly reliable DTS systems with a range of up to 20 km at a single ended multi mode fibre and with a range of up to 40 km at a single ended single mode fibre
- Customised software solutions for power cable and aerial line real-time monitoring including data storage, visualisation, Dynamic Cable Rating (RTTR) and integration into SCADA systems
- Fibre optic sensor cables (dielectric), fibre in metal tubes FIMT
- Full project engineering support during tendering and evaluation phase, commissioning and training on site as well as service and maintenance capabilities
- Complete cabinet mounted industrial solutions for our fibre optic temperature sensing systems.
We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!
About CEATI International Inc. (CEATI)
The CEATI program provides over 100 utilities with a cost-effective vehicle for sharing experiences and addressing issues pertinent to their day-to-day operations and planning through collaborative projects and knowledge exchange.